This session is the first 6 of 11 pitches that will be presented. Entrepreneur Quest (EQ) Student Accelerator is a program for any undergraduate or graduate student with a venture idea. The education program involves engaging workshops, mentoring, demo days, and coaching from local entrepreneurs. Come listen to the top 11 Mizzou finalist each share 10 minute business pitches followed with 5 minutes of Q&A with our panel. The top 3 finalist will win $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 respectively and advance to our UM Systems competition on April 5, 2019 to compete for additional prize money for their venture.
This event is open to the public with additional seating available for non-students. Registration is required for students seeking Professional Edge points only.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Business casual attire is the minimum dress requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- Approximately 90 minutes per session is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 15 EDGE points can possibly be earned per session for a successful completion.
- Learning Agility Competency addressed in this professional development experience.
- Special check-in instructions: In order to receive EDGE points, students must card-swipe IN to the event before the first session begins at 9 a.m., and then card-swipe OUT of the event at the conclusion. Only students who are present and participating in the entire event AND who appear on both official card-swipe lists will receive EDGE points for this event.
- The student's MyPoint record will not automatically be updated upon card swipe; credit will be reflected within 15 business days after the event.
- Entrepreneur Quest is the organizer for this event. This organizer is working with the Professional Edge office to offer EDGE approved points for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details may be different from typical in-person EDGE sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the EDGE Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) points processing/appeal timeline.