Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
The Gallup StrengthsQuest assessment is used in many courses (and in the professional realm) at Mizzou, and in countless workplaces that Mizzou students will find themselves as employees upon graduation. This Reflection on Learning exercise allows students to utilize the StrengthsQuest assessment results in a step beyond coursework applications by taking a “deep dive” into how the findings from StrengthsQuest can affect personal and career development moving forward.
Technical notes: Students will first submit the results of their StrengthsQuest assessment (results must be less than five years old). Next, students will answer a series of questions designed to help them reflect and learn from those results. All students will complete the Strengths assesment as part of their BA coursework.
Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday) to complete.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 20 EDGE points earned for successful completionof this online experience
- 90 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- Self Awareness, Value Differences | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- Students will have the entire session timeframe to complete the experience. Activities may becompleted all in one sitting, or students may choose to pace themselves with breaks betweenactivities. However, session start and end dates are immovable and non-negotiable. All activities,assignments and quizzes must be completed before the session close date and time.
- The PROFESSIONAL EDGE office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing EDGE points and other event details will be as outlined in the Professional Edge Programming Syllabus.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive EDGE points. Successful completion of this EDGE online experience will entail:
Grading for this EDGE experience is pass/fail. No partial points will be awarded.
Successful completion of the workshop will entail two (2) key elements:
1) Uploading official Clifton StrengthsFinder (also referred to as CliftonStrengths or StrengthsQuest) assessment. NOTE: All Trulaske College of Business students will take this assessment as part of the BA1500 course. There is no need to pay for separately for a new assessment to be taken in order to complete this module.
a. Submission must be an official and valid Gallop® branded assessment taken with the last five years (the BA 1500 course assessment meets this criterion).
b. Must show both student name and top five strengths together on an official document from the assessment (an easily readable photo/image is OK as long as it is clear these are YOUR results).
2) Completing assignments to a satisfactory degree. This is a reflective learning assignment. The most important aspect of completion is to demonstrate true reflection and critical thinking. While perfect grammar is not necessary (and not as important as your original thoughts), you should be mindful to: Answer the questions that are asked (don’t ramble off subject!)