Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
The Business Case for Intellectual Property discusses the basic types of intellectual property and how intellectual property is an asset to a business. Students will view a discussion of four basic types of intellectual property and then listen to a podcast, “How I Built This with Guy Raz - TRX: Randy Hetrick.” The podcast discusses how the protection of intellectual property was a key business decision and enforcement of the company’s rights was necessary to the bottom line.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 90 - 120 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Integrity, Achievement Orientation, Critical Thinking | Competencies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Professional Edge office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details will be as outlined in the PROFESSIONAL EDGE Programming Syllabus (on the Professional Edge webpage, click “EDGE Programming Syllabus” under the Related Links heading).
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive EDGE points. Successful completion of this Professional EDGE online experience will entail:
- Work through a VoiceThread presentation in the Canvas module to gain comprehension of basic intellectual property concepts
- Complete a short quiz (1 of 2) to test knowledge of the basics of intellectual property
- Listen to a podcast (approximately 40 minutes)
- Complete a quiz (2 of 2) to apply knowledge of intellectual property
- Obtain a cumulative score of 80% or higher