The event will be an introduction to the growing technology known as blockchain. Discussion will include insight from industry leaders and implications on the future of business as a result of blockchain technology. Given the ever growing technological space, students should look forward to gaining a basic understanding of this technology as they look to enter the professional world in the years to come.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Business Casual attire is the minimum attire requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 75 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Critical thinking | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The School of Accountancy is the organizer for this event (https://business.missouri.edu/business-week). This organizer is working with the Professional Edge office to offer EDGE approved points for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details may be different from typical in-person EDGE sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the EDGE Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) points processing/appeal timeline.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.