Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
The ability to write a clear, comprehensive and professional email is an essential skill in all areas of business. Students will learn why professional email practices are important and then examine the individual components that need to be included, as well as general best practices for writing a successful business email. Finally, students will apply knowledge of professional email writing in two real-world scenarios.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 75 - 120 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Communication, Influence Others, Learning Agility | Competencies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Professional Edge office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details will be as outlined in the PROFESSIONAL EDGE Programming Syllabus (on the Professional Edge webpage, click “EDGE Programming Syllabus” under the Related Links heading).
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive EDGE points. Successful completion of this EDGE online experience will entail:
- Working through the presentations, videos and other materials in the Canvas module(s) to gain comprehension of the importance of professional email, as well as essential components and best practices.
- Completing a quiz on the basics of business emails – students must score 80% or higher on this quiz in order to move forward within the module.
- Apply knowledge by writing two professional emails based on real-world scenarios.
- Obtaining a cumulative score of 80% or higher on all assignments and quizzes.