Johnny Cupcakes will discuss his experiences with entrepreneurship, building brand loyalty, as well as his experience with high-profile collaborations such as The Simpsons, Power Rangers, and Nickelodeon. He has also shared his strategies for brand loyalty with companies such as Apple, P&G, Audi, Disney and many more. He was named America’s #1 Young Entrepreneur in Business Week and Top Innovator in Retail by The Boston Globe. Students who have taken BA 1500 may be familiar with Johnny Cupcake as he is highlighted in the course curriculum. Students can expect to learn:
- How to gain impact from the smallest changes
- How to stand out and stay relevant in a world full of distractions and competition, and
- How to create and grow a community of loyal customers.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Casual attire is the minimum attire requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 120 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Influence Others, Establish Relationships | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Business Week Steering Committee (with the Undergraduate Advising Office) is the organizer for this event (https://business.missouri.edu/business-week). This organizer is working with the Professional Edge office to offer EDGE approved points for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details may be different from typical in-person EDGE sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the EDGE Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) points processing/appeal timeline.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.