Savvy business leaders have go-to news sources they rely on to track information, spot trends and inform their conversations with colleagues. In this online session, students will learn the basics of how headlines are used and how to think critically about sources of information. Students will search for their own relevant information sources and interact online with peers to discuss their findings.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
3-4 hours over the course of two weeks – including time on group discussion boards – is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 25 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Influence Others, Achievement Orientation, Critical Thinking | Competencies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Professional Edge office is the organizer for this event. Event details will be as outlined in the PROFESSIONAL EDGE Programming Syllabus (on the Professional Edge webpage, click “EDGE Programming Syllabus” under the Related Links heading).
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive EDGE points. Successful completion of this EDGE online experience will entail:
- Working through the materials in the Canvas module(s) to gain comprehension of the subject matter
- Completing assigned work on time. This online session involves group discussion, and timely interaction is critical.
- Obtaining a cumulative score of 80% or higher on all assignments, including group discussion participation and interaction.