The Certificate Program
The Graduate Certificate in Marketing Analytics will deepen your understanding of Big Data that inform marketing strategies, tasks, and decisions. Leverage predictive data modeling and data-mining tools to deliver strategic analytical solutions and create value across markets and industries.
This certificate is designed for people who:
- Enjoy working with numbers and want to enhance their skills for career advancement
- Have basic statistical proficiency and want to learn more
- Want to pursue a career in analytics
- Want to learn how to use data to make better marketing decisions or to consult with marketing clients
Classes are taught on-campus at the University of Missouri, Columbia.
Companies Hiring Our Graduates
To see a list of companies hiring our graduates, please click here.
Program Course Descriptions and Structure
Courses are delivered at the University of Missouri campus in Columbia, Missouri. Students will take 6 credit hours per semester, for a total of 12 credits. The certificate can be completed in 1 year (if 6 credits a semester are taken), and entry to the program will only be in the fall.
To see the courses and their descriptions, please click here.
How to Apply
1. Meet the Admissions Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree: Admission to the certificate program is open to students who have completed a baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Quantitative Skills: Applicants must demonstrate that they possess quantitative skills, as evidenced by completion of statistical or mathematical coursework, GMAT or GRE competitive quantitative score, or work experience demonstrating knowledge of strong math or statistical ability.
- Basic Statistical Knowledge: Applicants must have a knowledge of basic statistics, as evidenced by completion with a grade of B or better of an approved undergraduate or graduate course in statistics within the prior three years or certified completion of approved online statistical coursework.
- Marketing Knowledge: Applicants should have a basic marketing knowledge, as evidenced by completion of undergraduate or graduate coursework, work experience with a significant marketing component, or certified completion of an online course in marketing. Applicants without this knowledge can be admitted to the program but will be required to take a 5-week online course in marketing either before the program begins or during the first weeks of coursework.
- English Proficiency: Non-native English speakers must score at least a 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL or 6.5 on the Academic IELTS. In addition, it is expected that applicants will achieve subsection minimums of no less than 17 on IBT, 52 on PBT or 6.0 on IELTS (subsections: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing).
GRE or GMAT scores are NOT required
2. Submit Application Before the Deadline
Entry Fall 2019 (Term begins August 2019)
- May 15th – International Deadline
- July 15th – Domestic Deadline
After final deadline all domestic applications will continue to be reviewed until all seats are filled.
3. Gather Your Documents
You will need the following documents to apply:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Certificates from online courses, if you’ll be using them to demonstrate your statistical or marketing knowledge.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports if your native language is not English. Institution Code 6875.
4. Complete the Online Application (Current Mizzou Graduate Students - See Below)
To be admitted to the Marketing Analytics Certificate Program, you must complete an application to the University of Missouri Graduate School. The application can be found here or by going to: https://applygrad.missouri.edu/apply/
Current University of Missouri Graduate students do NOT need to complete the graduate studies application, see below for more details on what is needed.
University of Missouri Graduate School Application Information:
Application type is Graduate Certificate Program
Degree/Delivery: Graduate Certificate- On campus
Academic Program: Marketing Analytics
For Current Mizzou Graduate Students
If you are currently admitted to the Graduate School as a Non-Degree Graduate Student or are already admitted to a graduate degree program, print and fill out the Application for Graduate Change of Program Form. You do NOT need to complete the Graduate Application (#4 above). The admission requirements described above (#1-3) also apply to current MU graduate students.
The Application for the Graduate Change of Program Form can be found here, or by visiting: https://gradstudies.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/change-degre...
Instructions for Completing the Change of Program Form:
- Fill in items 1 through 9.
- On item 5, place a checkmark beside Grad Certificate.
- On item 8, write the words "Marketing Analytics Certificate" in the box labeled New Program/Dept.
- Take the form to your graduate faculty advisor for first review and signature. Your graduate faculty advisor will forward the form to their Divisional Director of Graduate Studies for review and signature. Their Divisional Director of Graduate Studies will then send the form to the Graduate School for processing.
Cost and Financial Aid
Learn about financial aid and loan options, please visit the University of Missouri's Financial Aid website: https://financialaid.missouri.edu/
The Trulaske College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and was the first public business school to earn this prestigious accreditation. Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business is the benchmark of quality worldwide and is most widely sought after by business schools. Less than five percent of institutions worldwide have earned the achievement. For more information vist: https://business.missouri.edu/about-trulaske/accreditation
Need More Information?
If you need any more information about the Certificate Program, or have questions about the admissions process or application, feel free to contact the Graduate Programs Office in the Trulaske College of Business.